You can learn more about Dog Crate Sizes & Reviews | Useful Buyer’s Guide 2021 process here. One of the most important criteria in choosing a pet crate is to buy the right size product. Our editors independently research and test the best products.
Since each breed is different in size, it is very important that we choose the correct dog crate. The basis in choosing a dog crate is to choose a useful, reliable, non-irritating product that can provide your dog’s comfort. If we put a soft blanket on the floor and surround it with the toys it likes, we will create a safe environment for it.
MidWest Homes Pets Ovation 42 Inch | Features
This guaranteed product has foldable and also Single & double doors features. Convenient for travel, does not require tools for assembly.
– Single and double space-saving overhead Garage style doors
– 24, 30, 36, 42, 48″ w / divider sizes, 52.6 pounds weight
– Production with metal material
– Ovation Folding,
– Strong carrying handle,
– Free divider panel
– Leak-proof plastic pan & replacement tray
– Floor Protecting Roller Feet
– Fully Equipped
– 1-year Manufacturer’s Warranty
Dog Crate Sizes & Buyer’s Guide
Sizes of Dog Crate
|Dog Weight||Dog Size||Example of Breed|
|1-10 Ibs||X-Small||Yorkies, Chihuahuas, Pomeranians, Maltese, Papillons|
|11-25 Ibs||Small||Shih Tzu, Pug, Dachshunds, Boston Terrier, Minature Pinschers, Bichons Frises, West Highland Terriers, French Bulldog|
|26-40 Ibs||Medium||Beagles, Minature Schnauzers, Shetland Sheepdogs, Cavalier King Charles, Scottish Terriers, American Staffordshire Terriers|
|41-70 Ibs||Large||Boxer, Bull Dog, Cocker Spaniels, Bassett Hounds, Australian Shepherds, Bull Terriers, Shar Pei, Wheaten Terriers|
|71-90 Ibs||X-Large||Labrador Retrievers, Golden Retrievers, German Shepards, Rottweilers, Doberman Pinschers, Siberian Huskies, Chow Chows, Standard Poodles, Border Collie|
|91-110 Ibs||XX-Large||Alaskan Malamute, Bernese Mountain Dog, Great Dane, St Bernard, Old English Sheepdog|
Don’t forget! In these crates, your dog may want to turn around, stand or lie down.
Buyer’s Guide | Things to Consider Before Buying
We have compiled for you what many dog owners are curious about when buying a Dog Crate.
- The most important issue is to buy a suitable size product.
- After then it is necessary to pay attention to a good ventilation system.
- Since your dog will constantly move around, it must be durable.
- You need to decide which materials to choose such as plastic, metal, and wood. For more information on this, you can review our materials article.
- It would be a logical choice to choose products that are easy to clean.
- However, it is beneficial to choose waterproof products.
- Choosing products that can absorb odor and liquid will positively affect your allergy risk and your dog’s health.
- Finally, products that are easy to get in and out of the dog crate will make it use more.
Remember! Most Important, we want your little friend to spend a peaceful time there and make it a habit to use it.
Dog Crate Prices & Comparison
If you do not have much time, we recommend the following products for you.
Ultima Pro (Professional Series & Most Durable MidWest Dog Crate) Extra-Strong Double Door Folding Metal Dog Crate w/ Divider Panel, Floor Protecting “Roller Feet” & Leak-Proof Plastic Pan
2PET Foldable Dog Crate – Soft, Easy to Fold & Carry Dog Crate for Indoor & Outdoor Use – Comfy Dog Home & Dog Travel Crate – Strong Steel Frame, Washable Fabric Cover
Arf Pets Dog Soft Crate Kennel for Pet Indoor Home & Outdoor Use – Soft Sided 3 Door Folding Travel Carrier with Straps
Henkelion Cat Carriers Dog Carrier Pet Carrier for Small Medium Cats Dogs Puppies of 15 Lbs, TSA Airline Approved Small Dog Carrier Soft Sided, Collapsible Puppy Carrier – Black Grey Pink Purple Blue
Midwest Dog Crate Cover, Privacy Dog Crate Cover Fits MidWest Dog Crates, Machine Wash & Dry
|24,588||Buy on Amazon|
We may receive commissions on purchases made from our chosen links.
Comparison | Products Summary
- Ultima Pro (Professional Series & Most Durable MidWest Dog Crate) Extra-Strong Double Door Folding Metal Dog Crate w/ Divider Panel, Floor Protecting “Roller Feet” & Leak-Proof Plastic Pan
– 24, 30, 36, 42, 48 ” divider sizes. 56.9 pounds weight.
– Extra strong double door folding metal dog crate.
– Divider panel. – Floor protecting with roller feet.
– Leak-proof plastic pan.
– Strong carrying handle.
– 1-year Manufacturer’s Warranty.
- 2PET Foldable Dog Crate – Soft, Easy to Fold & Carry Dog Crate for Indoor & Outdoor Use – Comfy Dog Home & Dog Travel Crate – Strong Steel Frame, Washable Fabric Cover
– 20″ (small), 24″ (medium), 28″ (large), 32″ (xlarge), 36″ (xxlarge). 8.8 pounds weight.
– Soft, easy to fold & carry dog crate for indoor & outdoor use.
– Strong steel frame.
– Washable fabric cover & fleece cushion pad.
– Foldable dog crate.
– Perfect natural ventilation.
- Arf Pets Dog Soft Crate Kennel for Pet Indoor Home & Outdoor Use – Soft Sided 3 Door Folding Travel Carrier with Straps
– 27.5″, 36″ sizes. 6 pounds weight.
– Indoor home & outdoor use.
– Water-resistant base. Washer-friendly materials. Easy cleanup & maintenance.
– Soft-sided 3 doors.
– Travel carrier with straps. Carrying strap included.
– Ample ventilation for use in all seasons.
– Collapsible Bars with Retractable Springs
More Than Comparison | Products Summary
- Henkelion Cat Carriers Dog Carrier Pet Carrier for Small Medium Cats Dogs Puppies of 15 Lbs, TSA Airline Approved Small Dog Carrier Soft Sided, Collapsible Puppy Carrier – Black Grey Pink Purple Blue
– TSA Airline Approved
– Collapsible, durable & lightweight.
– Medium & large dog crate sizes.
– Safety design.
– The adjustable shoulder strap.
– Most convenient pet carrier bag for your travel.
– Waterproof polyester fabric.
- Midwest Dog Crate Cover, Privacy Dog Crate Cover Fits MidWest Dog Crates, Machine Wash & Dry
– 22″, 24″, 30″, 36″, 42″, 48″ sizes. 0.7 pounds weight.
– Durable poly/cotton blended fabric
– Machine wash & dryer safe.
– 1-year Manufacturers.
– Provides privacy, security & comfort.
– Teflon fabric protector repels stains & odors.
– Compatible with rear & side doors on 1, 2, or 3 doors.
Frequently Asked Question (FAQ)
1. How to choose the Best Dog Crate?
Most of the products you buy considering the size of your dog, the type of material of the crate, your home or travel use will be the best for you as they meet your needs. However, when purchasing products, be sure to read and buy the comments of people who bought before you.
2. Is it harmful to your dog to sleep in the Dog Crate?
It is more beneficial for your little friends to sleep in the dog crate than harm. So that, they will feel safe and your mind will not be left with them.
3. When should I train my Dog for Crate use?
First of all, it is necessary to teach how to use the chest when your dog is a puppy. Although adult dogs can be trained as well, it is easier to teach things when they are puppies because it has become a habit.
4. Where should it be better to use the Dog Crate in your house?
It is recommended to be placed near your bedroom in a place that is not too hot or too cold.
5. What should I pay attention to when buying a Dog Crate?
The most important factor to be considered is the size of the Dog Crate. Next comes the materials used and the purpose of use.
You Can Also Check
You can find other articles that may be of interest to you on our blog page.
Would you like to support those who have questions about size in their dog crate selection? Share your experience in the comments!